40. Captains, or deputies, must toss for choice of innings in the presence of the umpire(s), 15 minutes before the scheduled time for the start of the match. The captain/deputy winning the toss must immediately choose to bat or bowl first, whilst still in the presence of the opposing captain/deputy and the umpire(s). If either team is not in attendance by 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, then the toss shall be awarded to the team in attendance, if neither team is in attendance by 15 minutes before the scheduled start time) then the toss shall be delayed until at least one team has arrived. The first team to arrive shall be declared to have won the toss and a decision to bat or bowl must then be made. The game shall commence 15 minutes later. In the event of a late start caused by neither team being available at 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time, then rules 41 and 45, start delayed for reasons other than weather shall apply.
41. The official team sheet must be provided by the home team and completed at the ground, with all players names printed in full (capital letters) and each player must sign their signature in every case. Each team’s appointed Secretary to have online access to view players’ online ID cards with pictures and signatures, each team Secretary must login at web portal https://ecr.gmacl.cricket/ and have their player online ID cards available at all fixtures, and the captains must check the opposing team online ID cards against the team sheet before the start of the match, then no further protest can be made whilst the match is in progress. The team sheet, match balls and umpire’s expenses must be handed to the umpires(s) 15 minutes before the scheduled start time irrespective of the number of players present. Only players present (including 12th man) to be included on the team sheet. No alteration can be made to the declared teams after this without the consent of the opposing captain. Umpires to record time of start of both innings, and in the case of late starts, give reason and report team(s) responsible. Captains and wicket-keepers must be identified on the team sheet.
42. (a) All matches to start at 1:00 pm; (b) Any matches due to be played in April and from the last weekend in August to start at 12:30 pm. All rules regarding time to be adjusted accordingly.
43. The umpire(s) shall be the sole judge of prevailing conditions, weather, light and fitness to play. The umpires authority for playing conditions will apply from the time of the toss (15 minutes before scheduled start time) until play is either completed or abandoned for the day. Umpires can consult the ground staff, and independent ground staff can call off play, either temporarily, or for the day at any time. Should a captain not be in agreement with the umpire(s) to either start or continue a match, a captain has the right to forfeit the match without being subject to any disciplinary action. If the captain chooses to continue, then the protest will have been deemed to have been withdrawn.
44. No match shall start or re-start in rain.
45. In the event of a late start for reasons other than the weather, the defaulting team shall forfeit 2 overs at the scheduled start time, 4 overs after 8 minutes, 6 overs after 16 minutes and a maximum of 8 overs after 24 minutes. After 30 minutes the defaulting team will have failed to fulfil the fixture and the match will be abandoned (see rules 24, 25, 33 and 34). A defaulting team shall forfeit overs until a minimum of eight players are declared on the team sheet, even if the start is weather affected. Forfeited overs remain part of the match.